CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

It's OK

I have to tell myself that often.

It's OK ...

that my house does not look like the cover of Martha Stewart Living.
that I forgot to shower today. And yesterday.
that I don't have life figured out.
Or that I still have yet to finish X or Y or Z ...

I am seeking contentment in my life. In my home. In the people I love and live with.

I want to be able to be proud of my home, which is difficult at the moment. Three young kids, two dogs, two cats, and a husband who works 9 - 5 leaves me the responsibility of caring for the house, kids, and pets and running a business. It's seems my work so often comes last on the list of my responsibilities but in truthfulness my work is the reason I am able to be home to care for the kids and house and pets. Without my photography, I would be in a 9 - 5 career path lacking the flexibility of being available to the kids. Contentment.

I don't have the bank account to buy the furniture I want. Instead, I have the time to spend at home to teach our kids the morals, values, and education we feel important.

Contentment.

And authenticity. We are busy. Life is hectic. We are rarely home and our TV collects dust. My house should work for us. It should work to minimize our work inside the home and make it easy to keep tidy during the days.

As I focus this week on purging items from our house which are extra, unnecessary or just unwanted, I am trying to keep focused on the thought of reaching authenticity in our home set up. And finding contentment with what we DO have.

No comments:

Post a Comment