CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Our Mornings

Confession. I am not a morning person. I despise mornings. I stay in bed until the very last possible second and then add another minute or two. I just don't DO mornings.

This does cause some issues in our day and our routine. On the rare occasion I am up at dawn I feel we get so much more accomplished in our home. But I just don't have the motovation to get up until I absolutely have to.

Thus we've create some uber simple morning routines in our home to allow me the extra time I need to wake up while drinking my coffee before I can jump into "Mom" mode and handle the day.

First, we write.

hs1122-1006
hs1122-1003

Now Doodle is getting better about writing, but he is still hesitant. So for Doodle all I want to see him do is trace the letters as above. No real need to push him to do anything else, although he is encouraged to write them on his own if he feels like it.

MissyMae, however, is ore advanced on her handwriting and so she is asked to both trace and write her own letters on her mat.

hs1122-1004
hs1122-1005

MissyLou is given a mat and a marker and allowed to do whatever she feels like.

hs1122-1000

After writing and eating, I have dishes to do. And the kids aren't quite ready to leave the kitchen. So we transition into a sequencing activity. This day we did the ABCs.

hs1122-1008 hs1122-1010
hs1122-1009 hs1122-1011

We have regular flashcards for letters and numbers as well as a few other home-made options that help the kids learn how to put things in order and think about placement. MissyMae is by far the better sequencer, but the other two help as much as they can.

hs1122-1014

And just about the time that they finish, my coffee is gone, the dishes are done, and we're ready to get dressed and clean for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment